TDL4 is a rootkit virus resides in the HDD MBR, which redirect google search results to find-quick-results.com or similar sites randomly instead of getting the right site. I have found a quick and easy way on how to remove TDL4 rootkit infection by using the steps I described below.
Using MBM, combofix and OTL are common way to remove this, but TDSSKiller.exe which is intended to remove the TDL4@MBR couldn’t load, possibly blocked by the virus itself.
Fortunately, Avast quickly responded with this virus by providing an easy TDL4 removal by using their aswMBR.exe. Here are the steps on how to do TDL4 rootkit removal:
- Download aswMBR.exe ( 561KB ) to your desktop.
- Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it
- Click the [Scan] button to start scan
- Click the [Fix] for TDL4 (MBRoot) or [FixMBR] when it finds the virus
You might want to disable the CD emulation in order to fix the MBR properly. Download defrogger here. Here’s how to use defrogger:
- Double-click about the DeFogger icon to begin the tool.
- Click on the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
- When it prompts you whether you need to continue, please click the Yes button to continue
- When this program has completed you will notice a Finished! message. Click the OK button to exit this program.
- If CD Emulation programs are present and have been enabled, DeFogger will ask you to reboot the equipment. Please allow it to do so by clicking on the OK button.
Posts Related to TDL4 Rootkit Removal:
- How to Remove Toshiba HDD Protection Removal
If you are having problem while upgrading your Toshiba laptop...
- How to Uninstall MS Removal Tool Rogue Anti-Spyware Program
MS Removal Tool is a rogue anti-spyware program which is...
- Alps Touchpad Not Working Fix
Dell Alps Touchpad not working? You might notice that the...
- Fix HP 6530p Volume Touch Bar Button Error
Did your volume touch bar button on HP 6530p laptop...
- No Sound on Laptop Thinkpad T61 After Standby (Resolved)
Windows XP Pro with ACPI power management driver installed can...
- Ideapad S10-2 Doesn’t Detect Webcam
If your Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 doesn’t detect webcam on Windows...
- Fix A/V Streaming Dropouts Problems on Windows
If you have experienced A/V streaming dropouts problems on your...
- Fix Linksys USB Wireless Adapter Problems on BSOD Error
Linksys USB Wireless adapter problems can occur on laptop and...
- How to Disable HP Pavilion Dv2700 Power On Button
If you are having trouble on disabling HP Pavilion DV2700...
- AVG Free Antivirus for Android Gadgets
Here’s a good news for Android gadget users. Now AVG...