Small projector for laptop is a good choice if you are traveling a lot and making business presentation in a rush and want to make a good impression while on the move. Small digital projectors can also be used as a backup if the main projectors will not operate under any conditions. This article will guide you on choosing and also how to buy them.
First of all, to get the projector that best suited for your needs, you need to answer these simple questions:
How many people will be there when you are doing the presentations?
Just get the average number, don’t need to be exact with this. This criteria will help you choose the requirement you need. The more people viewing the presentation, the more you should choose the size of the projected image in the projector. This is because the more people, the more people there are to be far away from your screen. That’s why the projected image needs to be larger as well. Another criteria you should consider when choosing a digital projector is the Lumens. It is the measured number of brightness in projectors. The more audience you will get, the Lumens number should be increased as well. Most consumer projectors have between 800-2200 Lumens.
How is the light condition?
Ambient light can make or break your presentation. In a perfect world, using a dark room, you will get the best image regarding the projector brightness. But in a common presentations, you should light up some ambient to let your audience taking notes, getting eye contact and other interactions. For a simple guide, follow these to select a projector based on lighting:
1000-1400 Lumens (very little or no ambient light – very dark)
1500-2000 Lumens (dimmed ambient light)
2100-3500 Lumens (normal ambient light)
If you are going to do outdoor presentations, make sure that you cover your screen in a shade to make the pictures visible.
Here goes the big question, are you buying the projector just because it is cool or you are buying the functionality? In either way, you should know and need the thing first. It’s a nightmare to put your digital projector on the shelf and not using it at all because it simply doesn’t work. The main functionality you should get is the projector’s resolution. A general guide to this are:
- SVGA resolution projectors (800×600) are best for displaying large text or less detailed images.
- XGA resolution projectors (1024×768) are the most common and are compatible with the vast majority of PCs and DVD players.
- SXGA (1280×1024) and SXGA+ (1400×1050) resolution projectors are appropriate for displaying engineering drawings, digital photography, HD applications or other images of a highly detailed or technical nature.
Before buying the projector, make sure that you have enough money. But if budget is short, you can try to get cheaper projectors. Nowadays you can even get a cheap digital pocket projector for under $200 like Optoma PICO PK100
Hopefully this guide will give you some thought on choosing the small projector for your laptop.
Posts Related to Small Projector for Laptop: Guide on Choosing and Buying Them:
- Best Projector for Photographs
Looking for the best projector for photographs? If you are...
- RoyalTek RPJ-2000 Small Pico Projector for Business and Entertainment
RoyalTek, a Taiwanese manufacturer has released a small projector that...
- Acer S5200 3D Digital Projector
Acer launced a new DLP projector, Acer S5200. This not...
- Samsung I8250 Android Smartphone with Small Pico-Projector
Samsung has announced their next generation Android smartphone, equipped with...
- 3M MPro 120 Pocket Projector
3M has recently announced MPro 120 pocket projector. The pocket...
- Optoma PICO PK100 Cheap Digital Small Projector Released
Optoma has released PICO PK100, a cheap digital small projector...
- Canon LCOS REALiS WUX10 Mark II and SX80 Multimedia Projector
Canon has announced their new multimedia projectors, LCOS REALiS WUX10...
- Optima PICO PK102 Digital Small Projector Released
Optima released PICO PK102, a small projector that is the...
- New MacBook Pro Hardware Update Rumor: Integrated Pico Projector
After the new Macbook Pro rumor about the upcoming hardware...
- Sony Vaio SZ Unable to Connect Laptop to a Projector
Sony Vaio SZ is a powerful laptop to do presentations....