Setup Windows 8 in Mac OS X using VMWare is just as easy as install other Windows OS on another platform. The new Windows 8 is now a big rival to iOS and Mac OSX, but now you can enjoy it free on your Mac OS X with the Windows 8 Developer Preview with the help of VMWare virtualization. The best part of it is free.
How to Setup Windows 8 in Mac OS X using VMWare
First of all, you should download Windows 8 Developer Preview. It is free, but you need a computer with a 64-bit support to begin with.
Second of all, you will need VMWare Fusion 4 which is also free to download (30 days trial) or if you like buy it for $49. You should act quickly because the Windows 8 ISO which is as large as 4GB is moved fast from Microsoft servers on the net.
Third of all, make sure that you have plenty hard disk space and RAM on your computer.
Last thing, here’s how you setup Windows 8 in Mac OS X using VMWare:
- Insert the Windows 8 ISO file on your desktop
- Run VMWare Fusion and click “New”
- Drag and drop the ISO to the “New Virtual Machine Assistant”.
- Make sure that you have chosen “Use operating system installation disc or image:” and select Wind8DP ISO.
- Click “Continue”.
- Select “Windows 7″ as the OS and give 2GB of RAM for the Windows 8 VM (64 bit version).
- Boot the VMWare by pressing the play button
- Finish the onscreen step-by-step instruction.
You can also use this trick to install Windows 8 on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. Best of all, Windows 8 already supports touchscreen so if you have a touchscreen monitor you can enjoy clicking without a mouse!
Posts Related to Setup Windows 8 in Mac OS X using VMWare:
- Setup Vista Drivers on Windows 7
Just for your information, Vista drivers may work on Windows...
- How To Install NVIDIA Drivers On Windows 7
If you are having difficulty installing drivers for your laptop...
- Connect Nokia E71 Bluetooth Phone to Toshiba Laptop Computer
This tutorial will guide you step-by-step how to connect Nokia...
- Install Windows 7 on MSI Wind
I’d like to share you about my experience on Install...
- No Sound on SoundMax AD1888 Windows 7 Problems Installation Fix
If you happen to install SoundMax AD1888 on your Windows...
- How to Identify Unknown Devices
In this tutorial you will learn how to identify unknown...
- How To Install OS X from Disk Image on Lenovo IdeaPad S10
Read step by step on how to install OS X...
- Toubleshooting Battery Problem on Sony Vaio VGN-TX3 running Windows 7
Troubleshooting battery problem on Sony Vaio VGN-TX3 running Windows 7...
- Fix for NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware
One problem that Windows XP Professional with SP3 users got...
- Setup Dual External Monitor on Lenovo Thinkpad T43 Netbook
Dual External monitor setup is often needed on business presentation....