Panasonic HDC-SD90 is an entry level compact camcorder, which allows you to record 3D videos with the help of the optional VW-CLT1 lens. The Panasonic HDC-SD90 camcorder comes with 3.32MP CMOS sensor, 26x optical zoom which can be boosted up to 60x by using intelligent zoom option, 60-1500x digital zoom, F/1.8 focal lens, and 28mm Panasonic wide-angle lens.
The Panasonic HDC-SD90 features hybrid Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) which allows users to get smoother pictures and reduces shakes on the recorded videos. The compact camcorders fit perfectly in hand although it is big enough to be called secret camcorders, with its 118.5x63x50.5mm dimension and very lightweight, only 244g. The black glossy casing design shows professional design and futuristic.
Panasonic HDC-SD90 Camcorder Features
- The 3-inch LCD can be rotated up to 180 degrees towards the lens
- Customized on screen menus and settings
- Various connection settings, including mini HDMI port, AV Multi connection, mini-USB and also a mic input
- Supports Viera Link allows you to control playback of the camcorder using TV remote
- Standard tripod mount to get your camcorder out of hand and reduces shakes
- SD card slot which is compatible with SD, SDHC and SDXC cards for extra storage
- Stylus is included to operate easily with the touchscreen interface
- Support full HD 1080/50p at 28Mbps bitrate
- Battery life up to 1 hour and 50 minutes of continuous video recording
- 4.5MP of high quality still pictures
- Preset modes are available on Panasonic HDC-SD90 from Portrait, Scenery, Lowlight, Night Scenery and also Macro for recording tiny little objects.
- Face Recognition and Face Framing (up to 6 faces can be recognized)
- Red-eye reduction
- Basic management photo software is included on the box (Windows app)
- Sound can be recorded in Dolby Digital stereo technology for higher sound quality
- External mic input for recording video under noisy environment
Panasonic HDC-SD90 Drawbacks
[ReviewAZON asin="B004I43MJ0" display="inlinepost"]The Panasonic HDC-SD90 is a low-level camcorder, so apart from wide range capability it has, there are some issue with the full-hd digital camcorder. First of all, it doesn’t have headphone socket which might be needed to listen to the recording while on the scene to mute out the environment sound. The product has no accessory shoe adaptor built-in, and also SD memory cards under 512MB might not work because it is not supported.
To film in 3D, you’ll need to use the VW-CLT1 3D lens which adds a further £280 to the price. The dual-lens add-on screws on to the SD90 using a supplied adaptor.
The SD90 is a great camcorder for under £500 price with all the features it brings, especially the 3D support. This camcorder is a good choice for any people with low budget to produce high-quality home videos. The Panasonic HDC-SD90 is priced under £500 and is now available on many online shop, including Amazon.
Posts Related to Panasonic HDC-SD90 Camcorder Review:
- HP V5560u Digital Camcorder with 5MP and Full HD Video Recording
Hewlett-Packard has announced their new digital camcorder with 5MP and...
- Canon XF305 and XF300 HD Professional Camcorder Review
Canon XF305 and XF300 are HD quality professional camcorder released...
- HP HD Camcorder
HP V5061u is one of the best selling HP HD...
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Pre-Order
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 is now available to pre-order. With the...
- Panasonic Lumix DMC G10 and G2
Panasonic Lumix DMC G10 and G2 are the newest Micro...
- Fujifilm FinePix Z900 EXR Features Overview
Fujifilm has announced their newest Z-series pocket camera known as...
- Mini Pocket Camcorder to Record Video/Audio Secret Conversations
Want to be like James Bond with cool gadget? Now...
- Panasonic Toughbook 53 Rugged Laptop with Intel Core CPU
Panasonic has unveiled the latest addition to its line of...
- Casio Exilim EX-H10 Super Zoom Compact Digital Camera
Casio has released the first ultra compact Super Zoom digital...
- Fujifilm FinePix z700EXR Specs
Fujifilm FinePix Z700EXR is a premium compact digital camera which...