Nikon D300S reviews have many positive points, and the digital camera has made quite a huge impact when it was first launched. Nikon D300s is a semi-professional digital SLR which you can choose over D90. If you don’t have much budget for full-frame D700 digital SLR, this camera might be your best shot.
Nikon D300S is an update for its predecessor, D300 which has new features, including contrast-detection autofocus that works in movie mode, both CF and SD slot to make you want to shot RAW more in one card and JPEG in a different card. Absolutely good feature for landscape photographers. Different than D300, this model give you an upgrade to continuous shot from 6fps to 7fps and the capability to record HD video. No need to carry camcoder again!
Nikon D300s Specifications
- 13.1 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor (effective pixels: 12.3 million)
- 720p HD video
- 3.0″ LCD monitor (920,000 dots)
- Image sensor cleaning (sensor shake)
- 51 AF points (with 3D tracking)
- IS0 200-3200 range (6400 expanded)
- 7 frames per second continuous shooting (buffer: 17 RAW, 44 JPEG fine, 100 JPEG Normal)
- Expeed image processing
- Picture Controls – image parameters consistent with all current Nikon DSLRs
- Same EN-EL3e battery as D300
- 72 thumbnail view in playback
- 14-bit A/D conversion
- Super fast operation (power-up 13 ms, shutter lag 45 ms, black-out 100 ms)
- Shutter life 150,000 exposures
- Multi-CAM3500DX Auto Focus sensor (51-point, 15 cross-type, more vertical coverage)
- Auto-focus tracking by color (using information from 1005-pixel AE sensor)
- Auto-focus calibration (fine-tuning) now available (fixed body or up to 20 separate lens settings)
- Scene Recognition System (uses AE sensor, AF sensor)
- Picture Control image parameter presets (replace Color Modes I, II and III)
- Custom image parameters now support brightness as well as contrast
- Compact Flash UDMA support
- Live View with either phase detect (mirror up/down) or contrast detect Auto Focus
- HDMI HD video output
- Active D-Lighting’ (adjusts metering as well as applying D-Lighting curve)
- Detailed ‘Control Panel’ type display on LCD monitor, changes color in darkness
- New MB-D10 vertical grip fully integrates into body, multi battery type compatible
- Buttons sealed against moisture
Although this is a great camera for outdoor photography, especially when you are doing landscape photos a lot, but we don’t think this digital camera has good performance on studio because ofÂ high flash-sync and high ISO range.
Posts Related to Nikon D300S Reviews:
- Nikon D300s Shutter Life
Nikon D300s, like the previous model D300 is the new...
- Nikon COOLPIX S1000pj Digital Camera Reviews
Nikon COOLPIX S1000pj Digital Camera is one of the hottest...
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm Super Telephoto Lens
Nikon has released the new super telephoto lens, AF-S NIKKOR...
- Casio Exilim EX-H10 Super Zoom Compact Digital Camera
Casio has released the first ultra compact Super Zoom digital...
- Canon PowerShot G11 Digital Camera With Dual Anti-Noise System
Canon PowerShot G11 Digital Camera With Dual Anti-Noise System is...
- Pentax Optio W90 Rugged Digital Camera
Why would anyone want a rugged digital camera? For those...
- Fujifilm FinePix Z900 EXR Features Overview
Fujifilm has announced their newest Z-series pocket camera known as...
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H55 14.1 MP Compact Digital Camera
Sony has announced their new compact digital camera, Sony Cyber-shot...
- Sony Cybershot DSC-HX5V AVCHD Compact Digital Camera
Sony has revealed their new compact digital camera, Sony Cybershot...
- Sony Alpha A450 DSLR – Only European Release
Sony Alpha A450 DSLR will not come to the USA...