HP Compaq Mini 311 comes with 11-inch screen, NVIDIA Ion graphic card and Intel Atom processor. This review will show you whatâ€™s the pros and cons of this netbook so you can wisely choose (or not choose) to buy this mini notebook.
HP Mini 311 Specs
Here are the full list of HP Mini 311 specifications:
- Operating System: Genuine Windows XP (32-bit)
- Processor: Intel Atom N270 Processor 1.60GHz (533MHz FSB)
- Memory: 1GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage: 160GB 5400 rpm SATA HDD
- Display: 11.6-inch diagonal WSVGA+ (1366×768)
- Graphics: Nvidia Ion LE
- Wireless: 802.11a/b/g
- Expansion: 4-in-1 media card slot
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 0.78-1.20 x 11.4 x 8.0 inches (including feet)
- Weight: 3.34 lb (not including weight of AC adapter).
- Power: 6-cell Lithium-Polymer battery
- Warranty: One-year standard warranty
- MSRP: $399.99
HP Mini 311 Review
HP Mini 311 design looks a bit like Mini 1000, where it has the clamshell-like design which gives it a clean look. It offers a nearly fullsize keyboard (92% of full size), and large touchpad. In addition, the Black Swirl imprint finish looks cool and protect the lid from scratches.
For a netbook priced below $400, you would suspect the chassis made from a bunch of plastics: a glossy black plastic, glossy silver plastic and matte black plastic. Other than black, you can also choose white if black doesnâ€™t suit your furniture.
The glossy screen surface on the 11.6-inch screen monitor helps to improve color and contrast, but this also make the color a bit washed out.
HP Mini 311 also comes with built-in speaker, which is good for a netbook and can fill a small room easily with minimal distortion on a higher volume levels. Like other notebook, the speaker lack much bass, but this is acceptable. Most audiophiles will want to use external speakers to have a better listening experience.
Because of this netbook using NVIDIA Ion LE, graphic performance is better than netbooks using Intel GMA 950 graphic cards. But weak processor makes the improvement in HD Flash playback not noticeable. Intel Atom processor is more than enough for daily activities such as web browsing, email, using Microsoft Office suites, listening music, or watching movies. But looks like it is weak enough to do multitasking, so choose your windows open wisely or youâ€™ll get lack of responding from your netbook.
The battery is an integrated 6-cell lithium-ion battery, which can last up to 6 hours to 10 hours. Although this is a good netbook with an 11-inch screen and good graphic card and keyboard, but this netbook is lowered by the weak Intel Atom processor.
Generally, HP Mini 311 gives you better performance than a typical netbook that using Intel GMA 950 graphic card.
Posts Related to HP Compaq Mini 311 Review:
- HP Mini 311 & Compaq Mini 311c NVIDIA Ion
HP & Compaq are going to release new mini laptops...
- Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook With 9.5 Hours Runtime
Dell has released their new laptop based on the latest...
- Cheap Inspiron Mini 10v for $279
Got $279 in your pocket? Why don’t you purchase cheap...
- Toshiba Mini NB305 Netbook with Intel Pine Trail Processor
Toshiba has released Toshiba Mini NB305, a netbook based on...
- Asus Eee PC 1001P Specs and Review
Asus Eee PC 1001 P is a budget netbook with...
- Dell Inspiron Zino Mini PC
Dell has released their new mini PC, Dell Inspiron Zino...
- Swordfish Net 102 Dual Processor Netbook Overview
Swordfish Net 102 is one great choice for you if...
- HP Mini 5102 Netbook for Business and Education
HP Mini 5102 netbook is designed for business and education,...
- HP Compaq CQ60z, 4010f and 500B Budget Computers
HP has released their new budget desktop PC and for...
- Sony Vaio P Series Netbook Released
Sony has released the new VAIO P Series netbook with...