If you are having problem while upgrading your Toshiba laptop from Vista to Windows 7, getting notice that you should remove HDD protection removal program before continuing the installation and can’t remove HDD protection but getting blue screen/shutdown while doing so, then you might want to read our workaround to this issue.
Uninstall Toshiba HDD Protection
First of all, log in as an Administrator to your laptop before uninstall Toshiba HDD Protection program that we guide you step-by-step below:
- Click Start, navigate to Computer, right click and click on Manage
- In the left pane, click on “Services and Applications” to show all the services running on your laptop
- See if you can find Toshiba HDD Protection service.
- Click the stop button (or right click on the service and click stop).
- Double click on the service to open the Properties window.
- On the “Startup Type” choose Disabled. This will disable the service so the service won’t be started again every reboots.
- Click OK to closse and close Computer Management window.
- Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time and click “Task Manager” button
- Navigate the “Processes” tab to see what processes are running.
- Left click on Toshiba HDD Protection and click “End Process” to kill the process and release some memory.
After these steps, you can now uninstall Toshiba HDD Protection software from Control Panel. This should successfully uninstall without causing BSOD (black screen of death).
Posts Related to How to Remove Toshiba HDD Protection Removal:
- How to Uninstall MS Removal Tool Rogue Anti-Spyware Program
MS Removal Tool is a rogue anti-spyware program which is...
- Connect Nokia E71 Bluetooth Phone to Toshiba Laptop Computer
This tutorial will guide you step-by-step how to connect Nokia...
- TDL4 Rootkit Removal
TDL4 is a rootkit virus resides in the HDD MBR,...
- How To Install NVIDIA Drivers On Windows 7
If you are having difficulty installing drivers for your laptop...
- HP Pavilion DV6700 Problem Solving: Crash On Vista When Running Normal Mode
If you are getting problem on your HP Pavilion DV6700...
- How to Install Windows 7 on Toshiba NB200
Before going to do this, be sure to read our...
- How to Identify Unknown Devices
In this tutorial you will learn how to identify unknown...
- Toshiba Equium L40-156 Laptop Drivers
Toshiba Equium L40-156 laptop drivers – a software called DriverDetective-184.108.40.206.exe...
- How to Fix Toshiba Satellite L650D Webcam Problem
Chatting through YM or Skype might be uncomfortable for you...
- Hibernation Mode Power Consumption Problem on Acer 3680
Many Acer 3680 laptop users experience hibernation mode power consumption...