Dell Inspiron 1545 comes with 4-cell battery. HereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s some tips on how to lower screen brightness, thus conserving the battery life. This is very handy especially when you are on the move and no plugs is seen, or you simply forgot to bring your travel charger along with you.
Tips on Lower Screen Brightness
You can try the following steps to lower your monitor brightness and saving some battery hours:
- Try using power options to see if you use Ã¢â‚¬Å“Dell battery extenderÃ¢â‚¬Â. It will increase battery life.
- DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t watch movies or play games, they are resource hogs and might drain up your battery faster than any other applications.
- Look at the GPU menu, if you are running nVidia card you can set contrast/brightness/gamma different than other windows settings.
- Use the function key (Fn) + down arrow to lower the brightness.
- Change BIOS settings under Video Ã¢â‚¬â€œ LCD Brightness. This will help you to lower screen brightness on battery.
- Use power plan to maximize battery life.
- Disable wireless and bluetooth functions. This will help conserve power.