In this tutorial you will learn how to identify unknown devices. This is especially good for those of you who don’t want to remove the casing of your PC or you have a laptop that you don’t know the laptop drivers suitable and you can’t open the laptop casing. Or, you have lost the hardware box!
First of all, you will need to download unknown devices software. After downloading, just extract with your favorite extractor and simply run the program (UnknownDevices.exe). Please note that the tool only works on Windows environment, on Linux you have to get other programs to use.
Finding Unknown Devices
After running the tool, You should get above message if you don’t have unidentified devices. Otherwise, please follow the steps below to get your hardware working:
- On Unknown Devices interface, locate the unidentified hardware and take note what kind of drivers you will have to find. In this case, it is the D-Link device drivers.
- Get laptop drivers on DigitalChunk.Com (it’s us), find and download the exact match driver.
- After downloading the netbook driver, extract to your computer and take note which folder you have extracted the files earlier. You can use programs such as WinRAR to extract the compressed files.
- On Desktop, right click on Computer icon and click Manage.
- After Computer Management shows up, click on Device Manager and click on driver list below the question mark (the unidentified driver). Right click to show popup menu, and click Update Driver.
- Hardware Update Wizard will show up. Select “Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)” and click Next.
- Check on “Include this location in the search” and click Browse to locate the driver you have download before.
- Browse the folder and click OK once you have found the extracted folder.
- Wait for the netbook driver to be installed. Once it installed, restart the machine to finish the installation. Your hardware have been identified and driver has been installed. Now you can use it properly.
Posts Related to How to Identify Unknown Devices:
- Download Unknown Devices
Unknown Devices is a compact tool for identifying unknown devices...
- Fix Sony VAIO Unknown Device on Windows 7
Got Sony VAIO and suddenly after installation of Windows 7,...
- Fix Pavilion DV2 Unknown Device in Windows 7
These article shows you how to fix HP Pavilion DV2...
- HP Pavilion DV2700 Sound Driver for Windows XP
HP Pavilion DV2700 comes with Vista 64-bit, but if you...
- Unknown Device on HP Probook 4510s Running Windows XP
Unknown device on HP Probook 4510s running Windows XPoften caused...
- How to Uninstall MS Removal Tool Rogue Anti-Spyware Program
MS Removal Tool is a rogue anti-spyware program which is...
- Gateway MX6421 Multimedia Audio Driver
Gateway MX6421 laptop multimedia audio driver might be the one...
- How To Install NVIDIA Drivers On Windows 7
If you are having difficulty installing drivers for your laptop...
- How to Read iOS Devices UUID in the Activation Screen
How to read iOS devices UUID in the activation screen....
- Can’t Install Ericsson F3507g Mobile Broadband Module into Windows 7 on x200s
Windows 7 is the newest OS Microsoft released a while...