If you are wondering how to fix Lenovo ThinkPad freezing up problem and would like to stop it from happening, you have come to the right place. In this article you will learn how to fix laptop from freezing up, especially if you are Lenovo ThinkPad T410 and T510 owners. Other laptop owners might also have potential benefit from reading this solution to fix their laptop from freezing up.
There are three types of laptop freezing up which often occurs:
- Laptop freezes up completely, you are unable to do a thing, not even moving your mouse and you are having a non responsive keyboard. Definitely nothing you can do at all with your laptop.
- Laptop crashes and then suddenly restart, when it does, it shows the deadly Windows Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).
- The programs you are using freezes up, you can move the mouse but the hourglass hand icon showing up meaning that it still processes something on the background.
The major causes of Lenovo ThinkPad freezing up usually are because you are running too many programs, or you have an error to your Windows registry. Other problems might be because of overheating or hardware failure.
First of all, you should check that you are not running too many programs at once. This can be fixed by buying more RAM or use less programs at once on your laptop. The programs on the foreground can be closed easily, if it doesn’t, use Ctrl+Alt+Del and select end task for each programs which freezes up. Background programs are a bit tricky, you should disable it on the msconfig. Click Start > Run and type “msconfig” (without quotes). Uncheck boxes which is not needed for laptop to run. Restart afterwards to apply the changes. Hopefully it will fix your Lenovo Thinkpad freezing up problem.
Next, you should also check for any registry errors. Too many entries on the registry, which usually because you have installed too many programs on the laptop can be fixed by using external programs such as CCleaner to clean up the registry and fix for any registry errors.
Lenovo ThinkPad Freezing Up
For those of you who owns Lenovo ThinkPad T410 or T510 and uses it for typing for long hours using Microsoft Office 2010, you might having the laptop freezes up and repair option to fix this problem doesn’t help. For this particular problem, it seems that your laptop might be overheating and causes hardware failures.
Hardware failures because of overheating can also causes laptop to freeze up, this can causes by graphic cards, processor, hard drive or even the battery.
It might be that Lenovo ThinkPad T410/T510 Intel Core i7 processor and graphic cards are too hot because it is being used for many hours without stopping. Fix for these are shown by step-by-step below:
- Navigate to Control Panel
- Go to Security Administrative Tools/Events Viewer
- Look for ‘critical’ event, and see if there are any problems
- If it is the kernel power, you can try cooling the system by shutting down the laptop, take out the memory, battery and using a laptop cooler
- Another thing you can do to cool your laptop system is by using Intel SSD toolbox to upgrade to the latest firmware
- After you have upgrade your Lenovo ThinkPad T410/T510 to the latest firmware, set the SSD to optimal performance
Another trick you can also do to get a better performance is by installing Windows 7 32-bit on another partition to see if the 64-bit is the one that causing the problem of Lenovo ThinkPad freezing up.
Posts Related to How to Fix Lenovo ThinkPad Freezing Up:
- Asus G73JH Freezing
Asus G73JH freezing problem is very annoying because it would...
- Fix Lenovo ThinkPad T410 Webcam Problem
As much as I know, Lenovo products are very reliable...
- Fix Windows XP Login Screen Freeze on Lenovo Thinkpad Laptops
Windows XP login screen freeze on Lenovo Thinkpad laptops may...
- Lenovo Coupon Code for Thinkpad August-September 2009
Apply this Lenovo coupon code to get discount when buying...
- Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E420s Intel Sandy Bridge Laptop
Lenovo has announced their new Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E420s, an...
- How To Attach External Monitor on ThinkPad T410
Because of limitation of space, size or capacity, current PCs...
- Fix Rescue and Recovery CD on Lenovo ThinkPad T60
Lenovo ThinkPad T60 owners are reporting the problem with fixing...
- Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Amazon Price and Release Date
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 is listed on Amazon with price and...
- ThinkPad X220 Laptop Drivers
Lenovo ThinkPad X220 is a laptop sporting 2.5GHz Intel Sandy...
- Lenovo ThinkPad T520 Drivers
Lenovo ThinkPad T520 is a 15.6 inches laptop which supports...