When connecting Dell Inspiron 1525 to the TV, you might discover that video displays fine picture, but there is no sound heard. If you find that there is an internal speaker and SPDIF, but not HDMI on your control panel, you should read this fix to resolve the sound problem on your laptop.
No sound via HDMI on Inspiron 1525 is a common problem when using HDMI function on laptop. At this point, Dell has not made a Windows Certified driver for HDMI drivers, so when you install Intel drivers you should get a message that it is not certified, meaning that the drivers might not be compatible with your operating system.
Fixing the problem of Inspiron 1525 has no sound out throught HDMI is quite easy. First of all, you should run Process Explorer from Microsoft here. After that, follow these steps to figure out where the files that Intel drivers reside.
- Go visit Intel site and download GM965 chipset drivers (this is Inspiron 1525 chipset).
- Run the setup installation and when it shows up a message box saying it has not been approved by the manufacturer, don’t touch anything.
- Bring up Process Explorer window, and look up to the end by scrolling, you should see the directory where the installation went. The directory is where the HDMI drivers go.
- Go to the Windows Device Manager
- Select the HDMI audio device
- Click the upgrade driver button
- Point it at the HDMI directory that the Intel driver extracted.
After installing the HDMI driver, your Inspiron 1525 is going to auto-detect HDMI devices on your system and it will work fine. You now should hear a sound when plugging in the HDMI to TV, and hear the sound on the speaker back when uplug it.