If you are getting trouble installing Pinnacle “Dazzle” USB video capture device driver with model DVC100 on Windows 7 and your laptop is HP Pavilion DV6, getting error: Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance. Here’s the fix:
Some causes that might be blocking you from installing Pinnacle’s USB video capture device driver with model DVC100 are: incorrect registry settings and value, corrupted windows files (usually msiexec.exe), corrupted installation files.
You can try using our workaround for XP compatibility below:
- Open a command prompt (search for CMD in the search box, right click and run as Administrator)
- Type SFC/SCANNOW when the CMD window opens.
- Once it is completed, type:
to unregister the exe, after that type
to register it again
- Open up regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSIServer
- Look for imagePath value on the right pane and change the value to the location of msiexec.exe on your laptop
Restart and hopefully this workaround works.
Posts Related to Fix Pinnacle Video Capture on Pavilion DV6 running Windows 7:
- How to Install Alienware Command Center on Windows 7
If you just install Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and having...
- Fix Resolution Problem on HP Pavilion DV6810us Running Windows 7
If you have resolution problem on HP Pavilion dv6810us running...
- How To Install NVIDIA Drivers On Windows 7
If you are having difficulty installing drivers for your laptop...
- Blservice.exe Runtime Error on HP Pavilion (Resolved)
Blservice.exe Runtime Error on HP Pavilion laptop solution just right...
- HP Pavilion DV6t 4650 Video Graphics Card Problem
HP Pavilion DV6t 4650 laptop is a good choice of...
- HP Pavilion DV2700 Sound Driver for Windows XP
HP Pavilion DV2700 comes with Vista 64-bit, but if you...
- Fix Sony VAIO Unknown Device on Windows 7
Got Sony VAIO and suddenly after installation of Windows 7,...
- Blue Screen After Windows Update Running Vista On Dell Studio 17
Dell Studio 17 laptop comes with Vista operating system, but...
- Fix DVD Not Detected In Windows 7 On Acer Aspire 5520
DVD not detected in Windows 7 often occurs when users...
- Disable Dell Dock Running on Startup
Dell Dock is a cool application that add values to...