If you are going to downgrade the OS on your Sony Vaio VGN-CR220E to Windows XP, you are going to need these laptop drivers. Since the customer service never offer the XP drivers and you might as well know that the drivers you’ve got from download pages from the UK and Asia don’t support the CR220E model. Just download all of the drivers below to get your netbook running on Win XP.
Sony Vaio VGN-CR220E Drivers
- Chipset and Graphic Drivers
- Intel Wireless Network Drivers
- Network Driver
- Audio Driver
- Camera Driver (VGP-VCC6) (Haven’t tested but it is the same module as Vista)
If you experience problem when adjusting monitor brightness, it can be found in the “Intel Graphics Media Driver for Mobile” package which pops up with Ctrl+Alt+F12 combination key if its installed under Color (in taskbar). Looks like there is no way to bind it to a hotkey. Another alternative is using shareware program called Powerstrip which have many functionality and can do the same thing.
Another problem is the annoying ‘blank’ memorystick icon… it’s actually quite simple to solve:
- Copy snymsico.dll to your C:\WINDOWS\
- Edit registry (run > regedit): HKLM > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > AutoPlayHandlers > DeviceGroups > MemoryStick
- Set Icons to %SystemRoot%\snymsico.dll,0
- Set NoMediaIcons to %SystemRoot%\snymsico.dll,1
In case you notice that your built-in mic doesn’t work after downgrading to Win XP, try this solution: Double clicked the taskbar speaker, properties, mixer device > realtek input, adjust volume for > recording, and make sure mic volume was checked below. Go to ‘advanced’ under the mic volume slot in Master Volume and checking Microphone boost.
Posts Related to Download Sony Vaio VGN-CR220E Laptop Drivers for Windows XP:
- Fix Memory Stick Icon Missing on Sony Vaio VGN-CR220E
If your memory stick icon missing (or have blank memory...
- Download Sony Vaio VGN-NW130J/S Laptop Drivers
Download Sony Vaio VGN-NW130J/S Laptop Drivers right below. Most of...
- Sony Vaio VGN-FZ140e Drivers for Windows 7
Sony Vaio VGN-FZ140e is a fine laptop which comes with...
- Sony Vaio M Series Laptop
Sony has released a new Sony Vaio M series laptops,...
- Sony Vaio X – Light & Thin Laptop
Sony has released another light and thin laptop, Sony Vaio...
- Fix Sony VAIO Unknown Device on Windows 7
Got Sony VAIO and suddenly after installation of Windows 7,...
- Sony Vaio SZ Unable to Connect Laptop to a Projector
Sony Vaio SZ is a powerful laptop to do presentations....
- Sony Vaio CW 14-inch Laptop Released
Sony has released their new 14-inch multimedia laptop, Vaio CW...
- Sony VAIO L Series All-in-One Desktop PC
Sony has released the new VAIO L Series all-in-one desktop...
- Sony Vaio P Series Netbook Released
Sony has released the new VAIO P Series netbook with...