Dell Touch buttons is a great way to gain faster access to many Dell’s feature on your laptop. When the touch buttons not working, it gets annoying because it may affect your working habits, especially when you accesses MediaDirect, Media Controls, or volume and eject buttons a lot. Some people reported this problem happens on Studio 15x and 17x. You might want to read below fix to get it working again.
Panel Touch Button Problem Fix
Follow these steps to get your touch buttons on the laptop working again:
- Download ISO here (credit for krypebud from Dell Community).
- Run CD Imaging software to create a bootable disc using the FW7_X0D.ISO you have downloaded.
- Insert a blank rewriteable disc or CD-R disc (CD-RW disc is preferrable since you only need this disc only once).
- Burn the image to the disc.
- Restart your Dell Studio laptop with the CD inside (make sure that you have set the CD drive to be the first bootable drive to load on BIOS).
- Follow the on-screen instructions, the CD will perform firmware update to your laptop system (don’t turn of the laptop during this step, make sure you have much battery life or plug your AC power cable into the laptop).
- Once completed, screen will show pass and Flash Successful.
- Shutdown your laptop.
- Remove AC power cable and battery from the notebook for a while and replug it again.
- Start your laptop again.
Hopefully the media panel and other problems will be gone for good.
Posts Related to Dell Touch Buttons Not Working Fix:
- Fix Touch Buttons Not Working on Dell Studio 15/17
A common problem with Dell Studio 15 / 17 touch...
- DVD Eject Problem on Slot Loading DVD Drive in Dell Studio XPS 13
Have you experienced some problem when trying to eject DVD...
- Quick Launch Buttons Has Stopped Working on HP HDX16
Quick launch buttons has stopped working on HP HDX16 laptop?...
- Disc Stuck on Dell Inspiron 1535
Have you experienced that your disc stuck inside your Dell...
- Dell Latitude E6400 DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter not Working on Windows 7
Connecting Dell Latitude E6400 by using DisplayPort to HDMI adapter...
- Blinking Media Control On Dell Studio 15 Caused By WiFi Card Problems
Blinking media control on Dell Studio 15 often caused by...
- Dell 1440 Sound Problems Fix
Dell Studio 1440 comes with Intel Q9550 core 2 processor...
- Fix Audio Poor Latency Problem on Dell Studio 1537
If you have experienced some problem when you are doing...
- Black Screen of Death on Dell Inspiron 1420
Black Screen of Death on Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop can...
- Fix No Media Button and Mute On Dell XPS 1640 Running Windows 7
Have you installed Windows 7 on your Dell Studio XPS...